Whitwick & District U3A - Covid19 advice
Following government guidance and advice from the Third Age Trust, Whitwick & District U3A have suspended all General Meetings until further notice. Most physical meetings of Interest Groups are also suspended, and those groups that can do so are encouraged to meet on a virtual basis.
It is possible to restart physical meetings under certain conditions, as follows:
- The Committee must be informed of any plans to restart physical group activity.
- The Group Leader must carry out a risk assessment which should incorporate the assessment provided by the management of any premises to be used, or the host if it is a private house. The Group leader needs to record their risk assessment and share it with group members and the Committee.
- No member should take part if they, or anyone in their household, has symptoms of Covid-19 or is shielding.
- Each member should carry out their own personal risk assessment, which need not be recorded or shared with anyone, before taking part. This should have regard to their own health, circumstances, vulnerability and personal attitude to risk.
- The Group Leader must keep a register of attendees for possible contact tracing.
- Indoor and most outdoor activities are limited to the "rule of six", but some outdoor activities may be undertaken with larger numbers if conducted in accordance with guidance from national sporting bodies, or in the case of walking, the Ramblers Association guidance.
Group Leaders need to be aware that government guidance may change or local lockdowns may be imposed, and activity should always be in line with the latest official position.
Members are encouraged to keep in touch with each other by phone or internet.
We would also remind members to follow government guidance and common sense. If you have concerns about your health, whether virus-related or not, contact NHS 111 (website 111.nhs.uk or if you have no internet access then ring 111) or your doctor's surgery.
The situation with the outbreak of coronavirus is changing all the time and your Committee will try to keep up with changes and if necessary offer further advice.
If you would like to be emailed about any change to the information on this page, you can do so in the Members Area here